|Merkle Inc, Seattle, WA
Senior Graphic Designer
- Responsible for providing creative direction, design, and campaign concepts for multichannel direct marketing efforts on behalf of a variety of large non-profit clients in an agency environment.
- Conceptualized, developed, designed and produced creative concepts for fund-raising via mail, e-mail, print, web microsites, environmental graphics, video and Flash content, as well as winning client RFP efforts.
- Created a unique and successful multichannel campaign for Susan G. Komen for the Cure, an international organization devoted to finding a cure for breast cancer. The campaign included a several direct mail packages, an email and social media campaign, a DVD video, a microsite and donation landing page.
- Conceived and executed a breadth of retention and acquisition materials supporting PetSmart Charities' mission of ending pet homelessness and euthanasia. This included direct mail, newsletters, email appeals, e-cards, calendars, and several video projects that showcased the organization's work to potential donors in an emotional and compelling way.
- Helped develop and launch a multichannel holiday campaign for The Salvation Army that empowered donors to help those in need during the Christmas season. In addition to direct mail, email, bus shelter posters, coffee sleeves and web banner ads, this campaign included a microsite featuring video testimonials from the people served by the organization.
|Rauxa Direct, Seattle, WA
- Responsible for providing creative direction on direct marketing campaigns for clients within a variety of industries including: financial, health care, technology, insurance, entertainment and consumer goods.
- Conceptualized, developed, designed and produced creative concepts for mail and e-mail campaigns, print advertisements, and direct-response television ads.
- Worked with the account service and creative strategy teams to refine direction and ensure all creative fulfilled client directives and internally produced briefs.
- Supervised and provided direction to in-house and freelance production artists. Worked closely with in-house and freelance writers to concept new creative.
- Created an integrated, multi-channel communication stream for Health Net of Arizona which successfully increased their annual medicare enrollment, while promoting their brand throughout the state. The campaign, which included print, mail, and television, has been running since 2006.
- Developed a comprehensive print mail and e-mail campaign for the complete line of Intuit's 2008 TurboTax software. Given the range of products and broad consumer target, this highly structured and segmented campaign required extraordinary planning and organization.
- Created numerous successful campaigns and pieces for WaMu within several of their business divisions including home mortgage, home equity lending, credit card, checking and online banking. Developed an interim direct mail brand guide.
|Torre Lazur McCann West, San Diego, CA
- Responsible for design and production of a broad variety of printed materials for a range of medical and pharmaceutical clients. Printed materials included product brochures, direct mail, advertisements, training materials, sales aids, tradeshow graphics, and patient education materials.
- Supervised freelance and full-time studio staff. Organized and managed all digital resources for client and internal artwork. Developed comprehensive studio procedure guidelines to optimize workflow between artists and improve quality and consistency of production. Digitally retouched and composed images.
- Assisted in brand development for Gilead's new HIV/AIDS drug Emtriva. Also helped develop co-branding guidelines for marketing Emtriva in combination with the client's established medication, Viread. Printed materials included a branding guide, print advertisements, patient and doctor education materials, sales tools, and a variety of direct mail campaigns.
- Developed launch campaign materials for an at-home medical device for Lifescan, Inc. Projects included tradeshow booth graphics, sales tools, patient education brochures, and product literature.
- Produced a cohesive set of materials for Cell Therapeutics, Inc. to be used at a tradeshow to introduce their cancer fighting drug, Xyotax. Materials included large back-lit display panels and branded folders.
|Leica Geosystems, San Diego, CA
Senior Graphic Designer
- Established comprehensive design guidelines for newly formed division, integrated corporate style of three separate companies while maintaining maximum value from the existing brands.
- Designed and produced four color print advertisements and successfully illustrated the functionality, versatility, and interoperability of products in a straightforward and visually appealing manner.
- Created a set of display graphics used at international tradeshow events to present the divisions' new collection of hardware and software as a homogenous line of products.
- Responsible for designing and supervising production of all printed and presentation materials including CD packaging, event programs, direct mail pieces, stationery, and business cards.
- Collaborated with webmaster and redesigned the divisions’ intranet site. Developed interface for interactive CDs showcasing company hardware and software products. Scripted and authored flash animations which highlighted new products or promotions.
- Retouched images, created technical illustrations, prepared files for press and supervised freelance artists.
|Foote, Cone and Belding, Chicago, IL
- Developed strong work relationship with creative directors as a full time independent contractor, leading to permanent position with primary responsibilities for the Chase Manhattan Bank and Nestlé Foods accounts.
- Contributed to the codification of studio procedures to increase efficiency and ensure consistency of production, file nomenclature, and archiving. Achieved improved accountability for billed time, fewer production errors, and allowed for greater versatility in shifting projects between personnel.
- Ensured accurate, consistent propagation of design throughout production of large promotional campaigns for Chase Manhattan Bank.
- Produced a wide range of quality print work for various Nestlé accounts including "free standing inserts" or coupon advertisements, coupon dispensers, and in-store floor graphics.
- Helped design and produce an extensive and modular sweepstakes promotional campaign for AT&T Wireless Services.
Senior graphic artist with over 16 years of experience in the creative direction, design and production of a wide variety of visual media for a broad range of industries. Employment history includes a direct marketing firm, two major international advertising firms, a mid-sized corporation, and presently as an independent contractor.
Download a PDF of my resumé